Search Engine Optimization is one among the finest e-marketing strategies of achieving top rankings in the search result pages. As a result of continuing Panda updates, its importance getting raised, as content quality and coding is also considered as a measurement of ranking factors. Remember, an Organic SEO mechanism to bring rankings for website rooted in having quality plus relevant content that is appropriate to the keyword phrases that users are searching for.
A well optimized website that pursues a highly ethical off page strategies in an attempt to build influence and trust with the search engines on preferred keyword phrases is the only way to reach high rankings these days.
Commendable Strategies to Achieve Ranking
Keyword Research, Analysis and Selection Strategy
Most of us often loose with keyword choices for search engine rankings due to compose the work sooner. The fact is, if you craft content without thinking through right keywords for the business, the site will rank for something and you will frequently run the risk of altering your SEO strategy and also risk your company’s capability of targeted web traffic for branding, conversions and more.
There are factors I am considering much while selecting the keywords, that is the business nature, website motto, web competition, searches, search interest overall this year, SEO competition, competitor keyword selection and what’s their approx. gain through that keyword, and much more. After through a proper analysis report I will suggest keywords to the client with the result outputs and predictions. Then we will finalize the most successful business and user targeted keywords or key phrases from those suggestions.
Content Optimization Strategy
As we discussed earlier, search ranking is only promising with an optimized content strategy in our day. A statement in Google Webmasters Central Blog –
“One other specific piece of guidance we’ve offered is that low-quality content on some parts of a website can impact the whole site’s rankings, and thus removing low quality pages, merging or improving the content of individual shallow pages into more useful pages, or moving low quality pages to a different domain could eventually help the rankings of your higher-quality content.”
Thus there should be a SEO and Usability Analysis on content on keyword density, logical placement of suitable keywords, informative, business and user targeted content, anchor texts, readability, spelling, stylistic factors, heading tags, etc. based on their adequacy up to the search engine rules and apply the strategies to make the implementations based on the finalized report and solutions.
Title & Meta Tag Optimization
Even though Meta Tags lost its major importance in ranking, still it is considered as a main “to do” factor as it is the minimal ranking factor, dominant motivational clicking factor and marketing pitch on SERPs. Yet there are few guidelines specified by search engines in presenting these tags and moreover it is a way in for the searcher to your site. He will click only if the title and meta description displayed on the search result pages are relevant to his needs.
We have to be careful on the usage of keywords in those tags, information, character count, unique meta tags for each page, its relevance with content and site, etc to get better ranking and clicks.
Website Structural Analysis
This will falls under the on-page analysis which helps your site to befriend with search engine robots, welcome them into your site, offer them something they like to have and pack them up with “appropriate information” in a row that they can recall to their index database. A perfectly structured website leads to a SEO friendly Design which involves the strategies like Source Code Optimization (not meant for W3C), HTML & CSS Validation (W3C), Navigation analysis, Grouping the concepts and keywords into thematic units, considering panda metrics and so on – Consequently site quality (it is also a ranking factor as per panda) increases and thus the ranking.
RSS Promotion & Distribution
RSS is one of the most excellent strategies that lend a hand to promote, distribute and rank your content in a most thriving way. We can make it by creating a RSS feed and submitting them to the favored aggregator, RSS Syndication, RSS Optimization – (subscriptions, enabling images, bookmarking elements, etc), RSS Submission on rss directories, Pinging, etc.
- Social Bookmarking
Comparing to general directories Social bookmarking is the best way for keyword ranking. When it comes to Social bookmarking sites there are both high traffic no follow sites and do follow sites. But the point is no-follow sites do not give us link juice. So why am I counting no-follow together with do-follow bookmarking here in the organic link building section? Simple – no follow gives you traffic and do follow gives you backlinks – so let’s do the both.
And when you knock it perfectly on mines such as in stumbleupon or digg or delicious, your bookmarked content becomes all the rage with a reasonable traffic and through do-follows we will get better ranking though.
- Social Media
Anyhow, Google’s plot for assessing these links is not clear-cut. Social media links are short-lived by its nature and dropped out easily by other conversations without difficulty. To avoid and get steady linking mechanism through this medium, you must have an updated conversation around your product or service but in a way to get most user attraction. Up to the previous year updates Google and Bing gives more importance to the sites that are actively engaging in social media sites.
- Increasing Page Stickiness
If a website brings in lots of targeted traffic it means they are having increased page stickiness – that is the bond that makes the audience to stay more time in, reading further and engaging deeply with some actions on website – a perfect engagement thing that improves conversions. Page Stickiness can be increased by motivating user relationship with the page by creating optimized landing pages geared with good keyword strategies, call to actions and user interaction features (like buttons, contact forms, etc), quality contented information, social sharing – consequently it will decrease bounce rates and increase time on page.
- Traffic Monetization
We cannot assure that all the traffic to your site is looking for the same thing that you are on to – there will be generic or related but other information searching or a specific product or services wanted traffic. For that reason, you must narrowly monitor your traffic to discover accurately what your visitors are longing for and then providing these visitors with a solution.
For that we have to make a user behavior and traffic analysis using various data such as time on page, user path, landing and exit page, actions, goal conversion path, trending, etc and using that data have to come up with an analysis and predictions report – based on that we will get some indication on where and what we are lacking – so that we get the idea of our next to-do prospect to get genuine traffic and better conversions.
There are more strategies which will lead us to top ranking with targeted traffic and conversions. Let us discuss one by one in my following posts.
- We could announce and give out information to deals and sale items. Example, http://twitter.com/#!/amazontechdeals. Another example, “It’s officially Free Phone Friday!! Check out the phones and/or order online here:http://bit.ly/1015FPF via @Coral_BestBuy”
- Seperate profile for seperate products. Announce and give out information to deals for that particular product.
- The more active we are on Twitter the more likely we are to have someone find us from within Twitter and start following. Every Tweet will be displyed on the Twitter Public Timeline – so upping the Tweets can help have you appear more often there.
- Be a Problem Solver and have Conversation with others. Participate in other relevant people’s Tweets also – reply to their questions and ideas as much as possible.
- If the conversation continues, it is wise to use Direct Message option.
- Interact with people about situations that may require additional help on issues that is related to our product. it may leads to goodwill and to sales.
- Engaging in conversation and listening to what users are saying. Share information and answer questions.
- Serving up industry information to Twitter community, quickly increased the following, and a steady flow of re-tweets, which encouraged community interaction.
- Let the existing customers follow our Twitter Community and stikr up conversation which builds brand loyalty and motivate others to follow up.
- Interconnect your other social media profiles/acitivites with twitter.
- Provide something useful to people (information, entertainment, news, education etc) they probably won’t follow you for long.
- Tweeting in Peak Times gives more adds.
- Relevant questions will draw many followers into an active engagement with our profile.
- Tweeting the best news and information about the brand/product/company.
- Auto Tweet Blog posts
- Utilize applications twitpic, tweetdeck, digsby, twitterholic, etc.
- Customized Profile Page background which visualizes/exposes the product or brand.
- Retweet the relevant posts made by others (if it is related to our product/business or official tweets from the employees)
- Set up an auto inspirational welcome message via Direct Message.
- Sharing valuable information, tips, tricks and so on.
- Engage Users by asking feedback, opinion and reactions.
- Promote videos on twitter using twitvid, twidiko, vidly applications.
- Sharing events happening around our products/company. For example, Eventbrite Improves Event Sharing With Twitter’s New Tweet Button.
- Involve helpful communication with the follower whom we may convert as a buyer later on.
- Utilize Nabbit on Twitter. They’ve taken Twitter and made it work for both interaction and integration by generating a tweet with every nabb. Register business with Nabbit.
- Mission statement on Twitter. Example, http://twitter.com/#!/Namecheap – We thrive customers happy.
- Using Twitter to help customer service reach a large audience effectively.
- Update the Profile Images that expose branding/offers/events and so on. Example, http://twitter.com/#!/MTV
- Use Twitter Analytics Tools available online to track Twitter to anlyze user behavior and statistics. Example, TweetScan (Allows you to set up an alert to be emailed every time there are tweets matching your keywords), Twist (offers trends of keywords or product name, based what Twitter users are tweeting about), Twitalyzer and so on.
- Sharing updates on new products/updates.
- Create Alerts, Set and Send reminders. Use Twitter in a variety of ways ,alert followers to particularly creative products from Etsy sellers, share valuable tips and tricks, and provide information about upcoming events and promotions on the site. Refer: http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/retweettimer-set-alerts-twitter/, http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/quick-free-sms-email-alerts-twitter-mentions/
- Follow the Coffee Grounds Method by asking and introducing our brand to Target geniune Customers. CoffeGround began to ask its followers to “come into the store and ask for J.R.” This gave the oppurtunity to meet with every patron who asked for him, thus strengthening the bond with his followers.
- Track users mentioning our product or relevant issues/tweets and turn their comments into conversations.
- Start conversations with target users related to business which is also helpful for them.
- Finding out what customers exactly wanted and tweeting it.
- As well we could use Twitter also for Voice Calls (Concept Introduced in 2009) so as to contact the target users. Refer, http://janeknight.typepad.com/socialmedia/2009/09/jajahs-twitter-voice-call-service.html,
Examples – Companies getting increased ROI via Twitter,
Dell – $3 M revenue only from twitter
25 successful companies on Twitter – http://kylelacy.com/25-case-studies-using-twitter-to-increase-business-and-sales/