1. If you are using java script on your website remember that it is not search engine friendly. So if it is manipulating text make sure the text is made visible to the search engines.
2. To do a 301 redirect on JSP pages effortless alter this code for your own purposes and place it on the page you want to redirect:
response.setHeader( “Location”, “http://www.new-url.com/” );
response.setHeader( “Connection”, “close” );
3. Apply text for navigation menu as an alternative of using images or Java scripts.
4. If you completely ought to use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, be sure to put text links somewhere on the page for the spiders to follow. Best way is create text links on the bottom of all your pages.
5. Don’t put your content in java script for the reason that crawler finds it very difficult. If your content is hidden in java script it can not be easily exposed.
6. Search engines hate java script so do not try to write it on the main web page as an alternative it should be write on separate page.
7. Create a simple html site map with a simple text link to it from your home page. On the site map make a list of all of your pages with their corresponding links. For the anchor text of those links, use a descriptive keyword or two.
8. Use CSS Menus. The beauty of CSS as an option to java script is that it allows Google and other search engines to read the text of the links and follow them – you get your pages indexed.
11. To call your JAVA script simply cut the JAVA from the header from <script> to </script> and save in a file called java.js and call it using this line of code:
Similarly to call your css from and ext file use this line of code:
<link href=”css.css” rel=”stylesheet”>