Blog marketing is the term used to describe internet marketing via web blogs. These blogs differ from corporate websites because they feature daily or weekly posts, often around a single topic. Typically, corporations use blogs to create a dialogs with customers and explain features of their products and services.
Blog marketing companies vary in ways of servicing advertisers and bloggers. I offer a full range of blog consulting and marketing services for businesses. I will combine an intimate knowledge of search engine optimization, public relations with proven blog marketing experience to help our clients implement a successful blogging strategy.
- · Decide on a stand alone domain name http://www.myblog.com or directory of existing site http://www.mysite.com/blog. Sub domain is also an option blog.mysite.com. Avoid hosted services that do not allow you to use your own domain name!
- · Obtain and install customizable blog software – Word Press and Moveable Type are my favorites.
- · Customize blog look and feel templates.
- · Research keywords and develop a glossary – Keyword Discovery, Word Tracker, Site Point, SEOBook Keyword Research.
- · Optimize the blog
- · Enable automatic track back and ping functionality.
- Template optimization – RSS subscription options, social bookmark links, HTML code, Unique title tags, URLs, Sitemap
- Add helper plug-in specific to Word Press or MT
- Create keyword rich categories (reference your keyword glossary)
- · Setup a Google account for Sitemap, validate and prep for future submission.
- · Identify authoritative blogs, web sites and hubs for outbound resource links and blogroll.
- · Format archived posts, related posts.